A POLICE probe continues as part of efforts to catch a masked flasher.

A police helicopter swooped over Southampton during a manhunt to catch a man who exposed himself to a 29-year-old woman and her daughter.

They had been strolling through Westwood Nature Reserve on Wednesday, April 29.

According to police, no arrests have been made and their investigation into the incident which happened near Tickleford Drive continues.

A helicopter sent by the National Police Air Service was spotted hovering over the area at the time.

The flasher has been described in his late 30’s and wearing black clothing and a black mask over his mouth.

A police spokesperson said: “We received a report that a man indecently exposed himself to a 29-year-old woman and her daughter whilst walking through Westwood at around 2pm on Wednesday.

“A man described as being in his late 30’s, wearing black clothing and a black covering over his mouth, indecently exposed himself before running off in the direction of Tickleford Drive, Weston.

“Enquiries to identify the man are ongoing. Anyone who saw a man matching the description acting suspiciously in the area around this time or anyone with information is asked to call 101 and quote 44200150919."

Last November, police received a “number of reports” of a man exposing himself in the Woolston and Weston areas before running off.

Each time the man, aged between 18 and 40-years old, described as white with a slim to medium build, and dressed in dark clothing with his face covered, had been reported as indecently exposing himself before fleeing.

On October 15 last year, police launched a manhunt after an 8-year-old girl was flashed in a playpark off Tickleford Drive.

They used a dog unit to scour nearby woods but despite their efforts, the suspect was not caught.

According to police, the incident on Wednesday has not been linked to previous incidents.

However, they say they will review similar crimes and look at patterns of offending and locations and link them where appropriate.