A CARBON monoxide scare resulted in the emergency services being called to a Hampshire street.

Firefighters went to a house in Raleigh Close, New Milton, yesterday following reports that a carbon monoxide alarm had gone off.

A man complaining of dizziness was treated by South Central Ambulance Service but did not need to go to hospital.

A Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the gas board isolated the supply to the property after being informed of the incident.

He added that a crew from New Milton fire station used gas monitoring equipment and also ventilated the property.

An ambulance service spokesman said a man in his 30s was given a check-up at the scene.